Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Pearl Jam were very good!
I'm back home, safe and not covered in bruises like I was six yers ago. This year, I decided to have a seat ticket, I think the pit is not for me... It was different but I had a lot of fun, made I even had more fun because I didn't have to wonder what to do to not fall down!

It was 6PM when I arrived in front of the doors. I think I waited there about 30 minutes.

The opener My Morning Jacket went on stage at 8PM. I didn't know this band. They played about 45 minutes but I have to admit I thought their songs were quite all the same... Nevertheless, the guys were on form.

When the lights turned on, I saw that the pit was full and so were the seats.

Pearl Jam went on stage at about 9:15PM and it was a pure happiness during a little more than 2 hours. People in the pit were crazy and Eddie Vedder asked them to be safe...

You'll find the set list here. I can't wait to download the show!

I took some picture but as we were all moving and jumping, most of them are hazy. Nevertheless, this one is quite good.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Eddie did great, he did make great efforts and spoke French a lot. His speech about 9-11, Bush and the French position was very elegant, and he said "we thank you". Then during "Daughter/ABITW" : "President Bush leave the world alone!!!". Eddie was drinking French wine during the whole show.



I had a really great time. Pearl Jam is one of my favourite bands, I just love all their songs and I was so happy to hear them live! They were played so great, a lot of emotion!

Please guys, don't wait so long for the next time, 6 years are too much!!!

 
posted by Sylvie at 5:02 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 9:54 PM, Blogger Trixie

Isn't fun seeing bands you haven't seen for awhile and realizing how much you've changed?! I drove down to Reno, NV to see Journey and Peter Frampton a little while back ... MAN I am OLD!!!
Ahem.
I'm glad you had fun.
I LOVE your needleroll exchange! Beee-U-tiful!

 

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Singular Stitches

Glad to hear that the concert was excellent!

I remember camping out for U2 tickets when I was in college back in the late 80's.

I think the last concert I went to was Depeche Mode. I went to see Sarah Brightman, but is that really a concert? More of a performance, like going to the symphony...

 

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Sasha Farina

sounds like a grand time was had...!

 

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Trixie

Hello ... again. :o)

I just found this in a magazine I got yesterday, I don't know if you've seen it, but it looks SO much like your pretty kitty, you just HAVE to see it!!! OK, well, you don't 'HAVE' to, but when you see it ...

http://www.keepsakeneedlearts.com/NAShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=70150

... it really is adorable, and matches your kitty in so many ways.

Happy Day!