Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
2 squares and a new project
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are the two new squares I stitched for the charity project. They were quick to stitch as I did each one in 2 evenings.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I don't think I'll stitch another one before I'm done with my new project. It's a Diane Graebner design: "Gathering Sunflowers". Here is the design.

Prod:15807

I'm stitching it for a friend who is about to divorce and doesn't feel very well. I hope this little gift will bring some joy in her present life.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The fabric is a Silkweaver one: 32 ct Blue Dynasty Jobelan and I use one strand only as the result is more delicate.

I usually start by the center of the design, but it isn't what I did this time. As my piece of fabric is larger than the design, it is the best way I found to not waste too much fabric (huh, not sure I'm very clear Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
posted by Sylvie at 6:59 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 12:04 AM, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper

I love her Amish designs...particularly that one. You have made a wonderful start:)

 

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Anne S

I have to admit, I don't usually like those 'Graebner' designs, but I DO like that one - those sunflowers are so cheery :)

 

At 2:14 AM, Blogger Sasha Farina

I really like your new start..

 

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

What a beautiful design. I'm sure your friend will be very appreciative.