Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Journal


As you may know if you are a regular visitor of this blog, I'm participating to a new RR.

I made a small journal that I joined to my RR. Inside, I wrote a little bit about myself and some instructions for the stitchers, and of course there are some blank pages so they can write some words.

Usually, my journals are only papers that I put together and decorate but this time, I decided to do something different, something more sophisticated. So I made my first fold-out (accordeon version).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(click on pictures to enlarge them)


It is not perfect but I had fun doing it.

Of course, I chose a Bent Creek design as it's the theme of my RR and on the back, I stitched the dates of the RR and the names of the participants : Jenna, Cathy, Catherine and me.

I know Jenna received my parcel last Thursday (it was incredible as I sent it 3 days before - Jenna lives in the USA and I live in France) and that Catherine sent hers 2 days ago. Can't wait to stitch on everyone's RR!

It's the beginning of a great adventure!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
posted by Sylvie at 6:35 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Your RR Journal is a lovely idea and will be such a nice keepsake as well to go with the finished piece. I really like the way you put it together and the motifs you chose.
Pats to Plume and Happy Stitching,

 

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Nicki

I'm so glad you posted a picture of the journal! I read about it on Jenna's blog and was longing to see it. It's wonderful! What a brilliant idea and what a beautiful keepsake afterwards :)

 

At 3:31 AM, Blogger cathymk

Beautiful Sylvie! What a lovely idea.

 

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Wendy

I love your round robin journal! Its such a great idea. I am hoping to include something similar when I mail out my RR ~ of course mine won't be stitched or as pretty as the one you have made.

 

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Von

What a beautiful little journal, Sylvie! Can't wait to see your rr grow. :D

 

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I can testify to what a wonderful journal it is! Sylvie did a beautiful job and the finishing is really innovative. :)

 

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Sasha Farina

thats beautiful!!! thanks for sharing the pics..

 

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Anne S

Your journal is gorgeous - what a wonderful idea :D