Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Friday, May 05, 2006
Gift for Isabelle


Now that Isabelle published her article on her blog (you can read it here), I can show you what I gave her for her birthday.


I know Isabelle likes fine designs, so when I saw this lovely fairy from a French designer (Nimuë), I said to myself it would be perfect. Then, I had to think about the finishing... I thought a sewing-case would always be useful. So this is the result...


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Could you believe I didn't like to stitch on linen one year ago!!!


Unknowingly, I chose a design with her favourite flower : poppies! That's incredible!!!


I couldn't send an empty sewing-case so I added some Six Strands Sweets threads and a Diane Graebner chart (I have several to stitch but don't know when I will have time to do it...).


What a great pleasure to stitch for people as wonderful and so kind-hearted as Isabelle.

BTW, I finished the cushion yesterday. Here it is. I will send it to my friend next week.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


 
posted by Sylvie at 6:43 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


At 9:07 PM, Blogger Kitty Couture

Oh, the cushion looks great!
You know how much I love the case... It is exquisite! I keep looking at it and fondling it... I want to keep it on my desk for a few days before finding a right spot for it. :)
It is such a blessing to know you Sylvie :) Thank you! And big (((((hugs))))))

 

At 12:49 AM, Blogger cathymk

What beautiful work, Sylvie!! I can see Isabelle loves it too. Congratulations!

 

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sasha Farina

what a gorgeous gift!!! Isabelle is one lucky girl :)

 

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Karoline

Both the sewing case and the cushions are gorgeous Sylvie, congratulations

 

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Cachotière!

 

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Anne S

Sylvie, your gift for Isabelle is just exquisite! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift :D Sorry I haven't been 'around' lately - I'm now trying to make up for lost time!! :D