Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Ireland (1)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I've always wanted to visit Ireland. I was attracted by the pictures seen iin magazines or on TV and by the history of the country.

I have to tell you that tours in Ireland are quite expensive compared to tours in other countries, this is the reason why we put back this trip. We finally decided to visit Ireland in 2004. Now, my dream is to go back there to discover much more of the country!

But I shouldn't go so fast, let's start by the beginning.

Our holidays didn't start as well as we expected. Indeed, when the employee of the tour operator organizing our stay went to the desk to obtain our tickets and have our luggage registered, he had the very bad surprise to be told that the air company sold more tickets than the amount available and so some of us would have a ticket but not the others. Nevertheless, we could wait for the next flight and have all a ticket. As a result, instead of having our flight at 12:40, it was 4 hours later!

The air company gave us some financial compensation and we had for a free lunch. Believe me, strolling 4 hours in an airport has nothing pleasant!

Our flight lasted about 1h30 and we had some turbulence.

When we arrived in Dublin, our Irish guide, Steve, was there to welcome us. The weather was rainy.

Our hotel (Mount Herbert Hotel) wasn't downtown (but near Landsdowne stadium) but the area was nice. The hotel was nice, rooms were comfortable and light and the staff was friendly.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(around the hotel)

A few time after our arrival, our group (40 people) went to the restaurant to have a copious diner. Steve told us that the visit of Dublin which was planned in the afternoon will be done the last day of our stay (in fact, we lost the 1/2 day of free time we were supposed to have in Dublin the last day).

It was still raining and we were all hoping the weather would be better the day after when we'd leave for Kilkenny.

To be continued...


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(Dublin's colourful doors)

 
posted by Sylvie at 11:16 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 6:11 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL

Oh my, Sylvie! I would LOVE to visit Ireland! Your pix bring it to life, and I'm enjoying your writing about the trip.

Oh, and congrats on finishing the border of CB. It takes a lot of willpower to stick with than before going onto other parts, but it's really what is correct to finish first. It's SOOOOO long, isn't it?

 

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Wendy

Great pictures ~ and I love the doors! Some day I would love to visit Ireland, its where my mother's family comes from.

Thanks for sharing, Sylvie, I'm looking forwards to reading the next installment.

 

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Leeland

How great! The pix are so lovely! And I love that you're making a small "series"! I will advertize your blog on mine, hope you don't mind?
Visiting Ireland is a dream I have always had, together with the whole UK, in fact. I am definitely fond of this great country...
I'll visit your blog soon!
Hugs!

 

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Anne S

Love reading about your Ireland trip - and I guessed straightaway those doors were from Dublin ;) That's the only part of Ireland I've been to - and I loved it! Can't wait to see the next instalment ... :D (I'm a bit behind on reading yet again, so it may already be hiding in my unread posts ...)