Template chat dans rue Coonie and Plume
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Nostalgia

As I can't show you my current cross stitching project because it's a surprise, I need to find something to talk about...

Last weekend when I was visiting my parents for Easter, Mum showed me 3 old photos.

On the first one, you can see her grandparents: François (who preferred to be called Alexandre) and Marie Broxolle.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


On the second one, you can see the same with Marie, their daughter (my grandmother) and Fifi the cute dog.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My grandmother was about 4 on the picture so it means it was around 1917 (and it seems to be quite correct when you see my great-grand-father's uniform).

Then, on the last one, you can see the family for Marie and Germain's wedding (23 nov. 1940).


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I've never met my great-grand-parents as they died a long time before I was born but I was very close to my grandparents (from my mother's side) who took care of myself while my parents were at work.

François and Marie (the mother) left us in 1964 and 1963, Germain and Marie (the daughter) in 1992 and 2001.

I wanted to pay tribute to them here...


Don't forget to click on pictures to enlarge them.


 
posted by Sylvie at 6:08 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 9:00 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches

What wonderful pictures!

 

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc

It's a joy to know how your family looks like.